It is Saturday evening, and we have arrived safely and quite happily in Guangzhou! Our good friend Jack Mao was waiting for us at the airport and it was so wonderful to see him and catch up with him! It was a smooth process to check into the Gold Arch, and our 3 bedroom corporate apartment is enormous- this is a much bigger unit than we had during our last stay... so we feel quite spoiled. We ordered pizza and several Chinese dishes from room service and we were all able to sit together at the dining room table- much better than having the kids huddle over a small coffee table standing up in the hotel room in Nanjing!
Charlotte was so excited about flying on an airplane today. I showed her the picture of the airplane this morning, and she knew exactly what I was talking about, which makes me think that her teachers had prepared her for the idea that she would get to fly on a plane. When we got to our gate at the airport, she clapped her hands when she looked out the window and saw the planes. And once we actually boarded the plane (and settled the issue of which silbing would get the honor of sitting next to her- no small matter), Charlotte held Spencer's hand animatedly right through take off. She was just thrilled!
I am sorry that I don't have any pictures to show you right now- I will upload some tomorrow- right now the kids are all snuggled into 2 big beds pushed together in one of the bedrooms... and I plan to join them in dreamland myself. The boys will likely be up at 4am asking if it is time to go outside and play soccer yet!!
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Charlotte really is an extraordinary girl, brave, feisty and full of life. She'll be a fantastic addition to your family.
Dear Sharon and Family!
I finally got to sit down and read this and I have so many tears for so many reasons. What a wonderful, heart-warming experience this is for your whole family. I'm totally rejuvinated just from reading this. Amy and Andrew and I can not wait until Charlotte comes home so we can meet her. She is a very lucky girl to be part of such a wonderful family. And the joy she is bringing each one of you is so obvious and wonderful. Keep the blog coming, it's a joy to read.
Love, Lynne
Dear Sharon and family,
I finally got a chance to sit down and read this and I have so many tears for so many reasons. Your journey is so touching and just reading about it has brought back so many memories. Charlotte is beautiful and fits right in with the family - it's heart-warming. We can't wait to meet her so hurry home. Keep the blog going - it's so much fun to read.
Best of everything and I'm so happy you are savoring all the moments - big and small.
Love, Lynne
Wow! Looks like everything is going so well!!! You're almost home!
BTW, there are 5 new JC families in Guangzhou right now!!!! How cool!!!
Enjoy your time together!
Sam
Sharon and Steve,
I can't tell you how much we have enjoyed all of your wonderful stories. You are true angels and we are so very happy for you. Charlotte is blessed to have such a wonderful family with two fantastic parents. I will be sad for you blog to be finished. Please keep us updated on your beautiful family.
Lots of Love, Christie Inwood
Post a Comment